Friday, February 14, 2014

...whose dad is pretty awesome.

So, Matt isn't normally what you'd call "romantic."  I don't get dinners for two (but then, he does most of the cooking anyway), date night, flowers or anything like that.  But every once in a while he just nails it.  Perfect 10.  About 10 years ago now, I staggered out of bed on Valentine's Day, got smacked in the face by something hanging in my doorway, frowned in consternation at the hershey's kisses all OVER the floor in the hallway, and went into the bathroom.  Came out, noticed that the chocolates went all the way into the living room (did a bag explode? What the---?). Got out to the living/dining room and was UTTERLY confused.  Some of the things on the table were: a rawhide moccasin craft kit, a bottle of mustard colored acrylic paint, a scroll of papyrus, a container of sea salt, little wooden hearts, a bottle of massage oil, a container of couscous, a bottle of wine, a package of white t-shirts, a small stuffed elephant, and a tie-dye kit.  There was other stuff, but I can't remember it at this point (bad me!).

Completely baffled, I called him at work.  He had to explain that it was Civ.  He'd given me all of the trading goods in the game that we played so often at that point.  See?




Anyway, that one was so good I haven't gotten crabby about Valentine's Day ever since.  And then this happened:
My current relax-the-brain-game is Bloons Tower Defense 4.  He drew the track (with a straight edge), he and Nate placed the balloons on the track along with the Monkey defense towers.  :)  Totally NEAT!

So I guess I'm not getting another good Valentine's Day until Nate's about to graduate HS.  Whatever, I love them all anyway...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment