So, The Girl has these clip-in cat ears that she wore for Halloween a couple of years ago. Last year however, she simultaneously horrified and amazed me by wearing them to school on a daily basis. Horrified because well, she's flying her freak flag, and well, amazed (in a good way) for the same reason. I was TOTALLY not that kid who was secure enough in who she was to BE that publicly weird. That came much, much later after I had met Matt, and he allowed me be be as weird as I wanted to be. Over the years since the kids were born, I've come to the conclusion that since I don't hold down a paying job, I can dress however I feel like. If that means wild striped knee high socks and long shorts, so be it. No one in my family has complained to me about it, and they are welcome to try it. ;)
Anyway, I digress. So she wore them last year, a lot, until she lost them. She found them the other day and wore them to school again. I just laughed. And shook my head.
Then I find this article today. And now She's vindicated.

No comments:
Post a Comment