Tuesday, February 18, 2014

...who have these EXPRESSIONS.

It's another 2 hour delay today.  So of course I'm up earlier than normal.  Why, I don't know.  But that's what happens.  I told him to go take a shower (but because I probably need to supervise one soon, to make sure he's gotten everything at least once this week), backed off of that one, because I wanted some coffee first.  
So, I told him to go clean up 20 things in his room just now. There's this look he gets on his face whenever we tell him to do a chore of some sort (except for moving laundry loads through - he loves that crap). It's a barely contained disdain and exasperation kind of expression. I finally had the words pop into my head this morning.
"Mother, why must you persist in this endeavor? It will get you nowhere, you do realize that, don't you? Or are you really that special? Are you damaged in the head Mother dear? Because only an idiot would continue, day after day, to make me clean my room. Or perhaps, are you insane? You know what they say about insanity, Mother? It's doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Are you insane Mother?  Are you?"
Little bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

2 comments: