So, I'm never sure if I'm being socially appropriate anymore. I don't spend enough time with real people at this point, and I've gotten rusty. I've also had some of my proper-ness rubbed off by living with my beloved for so long. ;)
Case in point, not only did I crack a heroin joke about a kid TO his father and in front of the kid, but Matt actually had a moment of shock that I'd actually said it. :) Now that's a turnaround.
We're standing there talking with the other parents at the campout this weekend, and we're swapping stories about the boys, scrapes they've gotten into and just general things that they've shocked us on. One dad is telling us about how his son handled immunizations/needles as a little one. He kind of breaks off and says something about how he always figured the kid could be a rock star...and I asked, laughing, "Because he's good with needles!?"
*sigh* Yeah. I said that. Woops. 8) We think there were chuckles about it...but honestly one can never tell...
Matt brought it up later after we'd gotten home, and laughed about how shocked he was that not only had I SAID that, but that I did it with the kid there. He then proceeded to marvel at our switch... :)
Hopefully no harm was done. I certainly didn't detect anything bad, but that's not 100%.
Oh, and the thought about the kid being maybe a rock star? That was because of his lung power and the screams involved whenever he got a shot...
No comments:
Post a Comment