So, Maddie comes home, and wanders into her room. I hear some, we'll call it incoherent, vocalizations, and she comes running back into my room babbling about a wasp flying over her top bunk. Me being me, I just laugh. She starts down the stairs, muttering, "That's it. My room is cancelled. Burn it down."
I go in. I see nothing, I hear nothing. I move things about. Nothing. She comes back in. I begin by questioning her sanity. This is ill received.
Matt comes in, armed with the requisite paper towels. We see nothing. We hear nothing. He moves things about. He hands her the paper towels, salutes her and goes back to work. While she's busy gingerly prodding pillows, I run out of the room, yelling something along the lines of, 'It was nice knowing you!" slam the door and hold it shut, while cackling in the hallway as she's yelling PROFANE THINGS at me through the door (Who taught my sweet baby those words!?) and threatening to kick a hole in the door if I don't let her out, and how she can just barely handle spiders, let ALONE those effing a-holes with wings!!
Yeah, ok, I let her out.
I went back in. Asked some more questions, which lead me to the OTHER window. After some drapery wiggling, out the little winged a-hole came. Our Synchronized Screaming obviously more than his little wings could handle, he landed on a backpack before reaching me. I demanded the paper towels, and smote him, crushing his little body with my fingers...while screaming and dancing all the while. Maddie continued her screaming as well, so as to keep the wasp from recovering his wits and attacking us. We disposed of the body and ran downstairs, screaming (in triumph - it didn't sound much different, but I assure you, it WAS triumphant) and told Matt.
"Huzzah!" he said, "A victory for feminism!"
No comments:
Post a Comment